We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kids activities

new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
kids activities

I am staying with family at a house on Manasota key. Spending the day on beach but at night I would like some family activities for all the kids. Seems like Englewood has limited choices and I am looking to go to Port Charlotte, Venice, Siesta Key for some minigolf or other similar things. Where would you go? Any others that I am missing. I don't want to travel too far (one hour) so I am little limited.

Mentioned in this post
Manasota Key Beach
Manasota Key Beach
826 Reviews
Englewood, FL
Englewood
Englewood
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Port Charlotte
Port Charlotte
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kids activities

There is bowling not far away (in englewood and north port), we like to go to the movies.

There is a minigolf at the river in Pt Charlotte just before the bridge to PG, and there is one in sarasota too plus an indoor black light one.

Kids under 16 can fish for free, so take them fishing.

Go to Charlotte Sports park up rt 776 and go to a Stone Crabs game. Dollar Dog night is a good choice as is day games on sundays.

Otherwise, board games, rent a movie.

Mine could spend hours on the beach looking for sharks teeth.

Mentioned in this post
Port Charlotte
Port Charlotte
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Charlotte
Charlotte
North Carolina
new jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kids activities

Thanks for the info. I looked into the baseball game but they are away for the week, would have been great. Yes, we will spend all days on the beach but just looking for activities for the early evenings. I feel that the direct area around us will be very quiet which is what we are looking for (for the most part) but one or two nights we will want to get out and find some activities. Just wondering which area would have the most stuff to do for kids. thanks again

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kids activities

Well fishing is good in the evening, or bowling I guess.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
119 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kids activities

All of the parks in Venice, Englewood and Port Charlotte have geocaches hidden. If you have a smartphone, you can download the app for free and take the kids caching! There's caches on Manasota Key as well.

It's a fun free activity that adults and kids love as it gets you outside and on a "treasure hunt!"

Edited: 19 October 2014, 19:44
Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Englewood
Englewood
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Port Charlotte
Port Charlotte
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Manasota Key Beach
Manasota Key Beach
826 Reviews
Englewood, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kids activities

probably better for daytime than evenings though. Esp as some parks close at dusk.

Doylestown, PA
Level Contributor
95 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kids activities

Are you able to give me the app info for geocaching? Thnx

7. Re: kids activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2016, 12:15