We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stump Pass State Park

Mass
Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Stump Pass State Park

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what the ideal time would be to get into Stump Pass State Park? We will be coming from Venice..and we attempted to go last year and did not get a parking place so had to go back to Venice...I'm told it's beautiful and not to be missed....I know it opens at 8 am...any information would be appreciated..we will be leaving in 10 days..thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,585 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stump Pass State Park

In peak season, now to April, id arrive before 10am.

If no space, just drive north to Blind pass. You can try Stump pass later after lunch? Some people leave at lunch time, others later in the afternoon. But if paying to park there, i ;ike to get ther early then if I leave I can come back for sunset as I have already paid.

Mentioned in this post
Blind Pass Beach
Blind Pass Beach
252 Reviews
Englewood, FL
Mass
Level Contributor
105 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stump Pass State Park

Thanks so much amax...is it worth staying for the sunset?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,585 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stump Pass State Park

Well I like it, but it can make for a long day depending on when you are there? It closes at dusk. Sunsets are great on all of the gulf coast.

You could leave in t he afternoon and return 45 mins before sunset?

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stump Pass State Park

Lots of helpful information at the Florida State Parks site including events, trails, tours, facilities available, etc -

https:/…Stump-Pass

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stump Pass State Park

We go in the morning before 9 or 10. You should be able to find parking there.

6. Re: Stump Pass State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2016, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Englewood