We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations please

united kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations please

Hi we are in the Englewood area from 26th March and would like to find some recommendations for seafood/fish restaurants, or just plain good food!

Not looking for anything too fancy or high budget on our last visit we went to Farlows and enjoyed that.

We also haven't eaten out at Boca Grande so any ideas for a trip there would be welcome too.

We will be heading up to Sarasota area/Bradenton/Anna Maria where we used to holiday many years ago quite regularly just to look around. Any of your favourites up this way

Many thanks

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant recommendations please

Mango Bistro on Dearborn Street in Old Englewood Village. The Cubanos are fantastic! It's a bit of old Florida with cool shops on the street. My wife and I just bought a home in the neighborhood we love it. (Sorry I forgot I already recommended it.)

Edited: 25 April 2015, 23:14
Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant recommendations please

my opinion, of course:

Best: I think you will be happy if you go and or take your guests to (in no particular order):

Nicola's (Italian, Northern Italian, on occasion very good German),

Ephesus (Mediterranean), Zeke's (Modern, American, eclectic),

Farlow's (Caribbean, Southern),

Gulf View Grill (Seafood, American),

Lock n Key,

Bay Point Grille (American, Italian),

Howard's (amazing salad bar, American).

A Better Scoop (Ice Cream).

Category 2:

Worth a try to see if you like it: Noy's (Thai), Koo's Kitchen (Chinese Take out), White Elephant Pub (casual outdoor Fl. Food & pub), Mama's (Italian), Good Times (diner, Mexican), Paradiso, Nando's, The Sno Queen, Landy's, Maria's, Lakeview (Greek, other)

Disappointing or overrated, I personally wouldn't bring my out of town guests to:

Mango Bistro

Beef O'Brady's

united kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant recommendations please

Hi many thanks for those recommendations we are going back later this year to Rotonda and Orlando so will try to visit some!

Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,734 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurant recommendations please

Let us know what you like.

I want to try Noy's next time.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurant recommendations please

Hi Amanx,

Thanks. We will be back in two weeks! staying on Rotonda West again, so looking for some suggestions (will look into those above) we will have grandchildren aged 17mths and 6yrs and DD and DSiL so any ideas on things to do or places to go. Any other restaurants to try? Boca Grande? We haven't been to Rhum Cay is it worth it?

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions too.

We like Steak, Mexican, Thai, most food really! the children eat everything ….. any good ice cream shops?

We will also be heading up to AMI which is where we used to go (for 11yrs) when our own children were small! so will hope to revisit some old favourites too.

Thank you .

Pauline

Edited: 06 October 2016, 01:22
16. Re: Restaurant recommendations please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2017, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Englewood
Recent Conversations