We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Tide at Englewood Beach?

PA
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Red Tide at Englewood Beach?

Heading to Englewood on Nov. 6 and was wondering if Red Tide is still present. I was looking forward to some beach days while visiting the area. Thank you, Linda

Mentioned in this post
Englewood
Englewood
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,593 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Tide at Englewood Beach?

Too early to say for Nov 6, but i'll be there then so can let you know.

What Ic an say is there was only low concentrations laast friday- this weeks report will be out later today

myfwc.com/media/4092440/SWtable1021.pdf

tallahassee
Level Contributor
221 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Tide at Englewood Beach?

As of today water clarity was good. Beautiful. Sunbathers and swimmers.. No new fish kill. There are still some creature remains on higher dune areas but not close to water.. No noticeable smell for me. Think you'll have a happy time here.

Avon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Tide at Englewood Beach?

All signs of the most recent red tide are gone. Good hunting (for shark teeth) and don't forget to bend down at the knees.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,593 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Tide at Englewood Beach?

Was in the water yesterday, it was fine

5. Re: Red Tide at Englewood Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2018, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Englewood