We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas near FLL Airport

ny
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Gas near FLL Airport

Hello...Can I get off at Griffin Road to fill up my rental car and then proceed to the airport. Last time I followed signs for "Airport exit" and was trapped into purchasing the gas fill up at the rental agency which was a total rip-off. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: Gas near FLL Airport

it depends on where you are staying. i fill up on 17th street right before the bridge. it is the cheapest we can find and we are very frugal.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
337 reviews
2. Re: Gas near FLL Airport

I agree with coachbob. We usually gas up on 17th St. either at trhe corner of Rt. ! or just before going over the bridge towards the airport.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Gas near FLL Airport

My favorite gas stop is a Shell station on Rte 1, just a few blocks south of the tunnel under the river, it's also on the same side of the highway for me heading south to the airport.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,352 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Gas near FLL Airport

Do you mean get off I-95 at Griffin, fill up and then go to FLL or are you talking about approachiing the Airport from US 1?? Where are you coming from? My memory is that the gas stations along Griffin near FLL are more expensive than many other areas of town.-which tends to be the case in many airport neighborhoods in various cities I have been in.. depends where you are approaching from where I might recommend gassing up as an alternative.

Maybe I'm too sleepy to get the gist of your question.

ny
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Gas near FLL Airport

Guess I should have been clearer maybe I was sleepy too! Anyway, I'll be coming up from the Keys on the Turnpike. It'll be about 4:30AM.

Thanks to all for the answers.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,352 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Gas near FLL Airport

OK- so you'll be coming east from the Turnpike exit across Griffin and need a place open early- let me consult with my friends who live out that way at lunch today and see where the good prospects are-I recall the stations at Griffin and Ravenswood that we pass coming out of economy parking as being more expensive than the norm- I'm suspecting it's better just a bit further west- hopefuly some friends will recall a cluster of good stations that are reasonable ( by todays standards). I think we are all numb about gas prices these days. Prices yesterday seemed in the $3.95 area for regular.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
41,352 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Gas near FLL Airport

I did forget to repost - sorry!~ My friends in that area say there are a couple of gas stations at the intersection of Griffin and Rt 441- aka State Rd 7- but they ( and I ) am not certain they open that early. You would also find some ( I think a Race Trac for one ) on Davie Rd which runs north from Griffin to Rt 84 - and will just be a short drive north off Griffin- but our concern is not knowing how early any of those stations are open - and I can't find the hours listed- those are some possibilities though. I'll keep searching for more information.

8. Re: Gas near FLL Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 17:40