We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

Our group will need a hotel for our precruise stay. We need 3 rooms for 8 adults. The 4 twentysix year olds will be sharing a room. I have looked at bidding sites and they only guarantee double occupancy. Since we won't be getting in until late afternoon we would like to keep it around $100, no more than $150. Clean hotel with airport transfers.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

January is high season here- you are not likely to find a nice hotel for $100/room.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

One of the dirtiest hotels in town ( Sea Club very low rated here) is offering rooms for $147/night for your date ( you would l not want to stay there , trust me). Most clean hotels here are $200 for your dates-and that does not include a free shuttle- most charge a small per person fee for it- for a large party , 2 shared taxis into the port will likely be a better alternative than a per person shuttle fee - but you really will need to rethink your hotel budget. Are you willing to stay on the outskirts of town west of the tourist area? That might come in closer to budget but there will be nothing to do nearby and may entail a taxi ride even to have dinner. Most would offer a free shuttle to/from their hotel in those areas, but you'd end up in the middle of nowhere. Hotel rates of $300+ /night in our nicest hotels are common in January.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

I found the Best Western in Dania for about $145. Is this a good hotel? I was afraid of the other answer being high season.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

Nice hotel but not a great location if you want to do tourist things and have no car. It is walking distance to an outdoor strip mall with chain restaurants ( Red Lobster, KMart , Old Navy etc) but not near the beach or anything touristy. That's one of the '"out on the highway" places - it's at an Interstate exit with fairly heavy traffic - the area around it is mostly warehouses and low income housing- no where you would want to walk to except that shopping center. It's one of the newer , nicer hotels of that type .It might be a boring place for your young adults if they have time to kill- there is a Dave and Busters in that mall for video games , but they would need a taxi to the beach- and it wouldn't be Ft. Lauderdale Beach , but the smaller, quiet Dania Beach

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

Thank you for the replies. I think that hotel might do since we will not be getting to the hotel until about 5. We were just going to relax and maybe hit a grocery store for some wine. Is there a grocery store or somewhere to buy wine in that shopping center?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

No grocery store anywhere near there. There is a Kmart in that Oakwood shops that has a very limited selection of wine and some groceries, but if I recall no refrigerated or fresh items- just canned or packaged shelf goods. The Big Lots discount store also in that strip mall also has a very limited selection of lower end ( think screw tops not corks) wines or beers. Just one small section of those . I can't think of any good alternative to shop for food or find a better assortment of wines- certainly nothing within walking distance and the nearest grocery store I can think of would be Publix several miles east- a $15- 20 taxi ride. I don't think there is anything to the west either. You will be in a warehouse/industrial/ low income housing area pretty much, not an area where a grocery store is likely to be

7. Re: Pre Cruise hotel 1/25/2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 12:16