We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Myers beach to Bowman's beach

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Myers beach to Bowman's beach

when is the best time of day to go from Fort Myers to Bowman's beach. We will be at the Pink Shell from Tuesday through Saturday. We would love to go shelling but heard that the traffic can be long. Any suggestions for a day trip? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Bowman's Beach
Bowman's Beach
2,673 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
jamesville ny
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Myers beach to Bowman's beach

My experience has been going over after 1pm and traffic wasn't bad but returning during rush hr, is awful. Remember there are two bridges you have to go over. I am sure a local would be of better help. My guess is if you want to spend a day try to leave early in the am and return after rush hr. The bridge on San Carlos can really get backed up. I might add you should go over it is worth the trip.

jamesville ny
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Myers beach to Bowman's beach

I might add parking can be very tight at Bowman's, we had to sit and wait a while, so getting there early might be best,

Mentioned in this post
Bowman's Beach
Bowman's Beach
2,673 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
358 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Myers beach to Bowman's beach

If you want to go shelling, pay attention to the tides. The best time to go is at low tide and after a storm or rougher seas. You can view a tide chart at www.thebaitbox.com. The chart also tells you just how low a low tide will be- the lower the better.

Traffic this time of year is OK as the snow birds have left us so you shouldn't run into any terrible problems.

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Myers beach to Bowman's beach

thanks for the info. can't wait.

5. Re: Fort Myers beach to Bowman's beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 12:16