We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving

Girard, Ohio
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Moving

I am seriously considering moving to Florida. Fort Myers stands out but anywhere between Orlando and Fort Myers that I can find a job and a residence would be ideal! Im not leaving tomorrow or anything but Im trying to get a head start feel for different areas. Can anyone throw some info on the different areas at me?? Good/Bad areas or any one place to stay clear of? Ive been to Florida several times a year, from Orlando all the way to the keys, but always was on vacation and never really thought about moving till now. I appretiate any help you can throw at me. Thanks :)

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: Moving

I think we'll need some info on you and your likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc. before we can give you good feedback.

jamesville ny
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Moving

I would suggest you check out www.city-data.com and click on to the discussion forums. You will be able to talk to local people in all the different areas with the good and the bad etc. I am sure you know being on vacation and living there are a world of difference. I have thought about moving too, hate the cold weather up but I am afraid Fl may look different when living there. I have read many post from people that really love living in FL. So do investigating and hope you find all the info to help you.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
3. Re: Moving

I think all the major cities have their daily newspaper online now. Check the classifieds to see if there are jobs in your field.

4. Re: Moving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 12:16