We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach conditions on AMI

Hanover, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
71 reviews
Save Topic
Beach conditions on AMI

I read a post on a rental property page that said a tropical storm in 2012 "decimated" the beaches on AMI and only the Anna Maria beach had a decent beach area. I haven't been able to find post 2012 pictures of the beaches so far, but I'm trying to determine if this is true or not. We visited Holmes beach in 2010 and really loved the island. We are looking forward to returning this summer but want to make sure we stay in an area with good beaches.

Level Contributor
460 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach conditions on AMI

We were there in September and it was gorgeous. Everywhere. All the beaches. They are in the process of fixing up the beaches right now though actually. I think they are supposed to be done by spring...I'm not sure how it could be any better than it was while we were there though:)

Level Contributor
460 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach conditions on AMI

Here is an article on the matter...

bradenton.com/2014/02/04/4972013/anna-maria-…

There are also numerous posts on the subject in this forum. Hope this helps.

Anna Maria FL USA
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach conditions on AMI

The renourishment which is going on now has added 50yards of sugar white sand to the beaches .From the city of Anna Maria to the End of Holmes Beach will have a ton of sugar sand on it. Bradenton beach should have it by the beginning of Turtle season (May). BB is having a few kinks and are working thru their problems .

The Gower, Wales
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach conditions on AMI

SumoatAMI when you say Bradenton Beach will be done by May - do you know what date the area out front of Tradewinds is likely to by under construction? only there 2 nights from UK at end of Feb and don't want machinery to be my lasting memory. Thanks

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach conditions on AMI

According to the paper they should be at 11th st on the 19th (that's south of Tradewinds) and well down the beach by the time you are here.

Remember--you are not directly on the beach and would have a buffer anyway. This morning they are working right at Seaside where the road makes that little turn. They worked all night so it looks like they want to finish and get to their new job.

The Gower, Wales
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach conditions on AMI

Oh thanks Mountainmare, i can breathe a sigh of relief!

7. Re: Beach conditions on AMI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 13:22
Get answers to your questions about Holmes Beach