We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Largo, FL a decent place to live?

Manta, Ecuador
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Is Largo, FL a decent place to live?

Hi. I am moving to the west coast of FLA somewhere north of St. Pete and south of New Port Richey. Please give me your opinion of Largo, FL if you have lived there OR if you have lived in the area and can suggest a better place. I have read that Oldsmar and Dunedin are decent also. I lived in Sarasota a year and that was fine. I want to start researching the area. I have been using the AreaVibes Livability Site. Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Is Largo, FL a decent place to live?

Largo is a fine area. I live near the Clearwater/Largo border, and have been in this county my entire life. Of course, every city has it's better parts, and 'not so better' parts, but in general, Largo is nice. It kind of blends right into the surrounding area, it's not like there is one city, then a stretch of nothing, then another city, and so on. It is more like one big area. Clearwater Beach, St. Pete Beach are great beaches that are close by, Tampa, lots of things to do, area festivals, concerts, culture, sports, etc etc. thoughout the entire Tampa Bay region. Oldsmar, and Dunedin are also very nice - I grew up in Dunedin, but these are a little more laid-back, and slower-paced, compared to the 'larger' areas of Clearwater/Largo/St. Pete and Tampa.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,629 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Is Largo, FL a decent place to live?

Mark, I can't help with comments on Largo but wanted to let you know that your post may be removed as it is not travel related. You can send MarkBee and other forum experts a PM (private message) thru Trip Advisor to ask questions. Any questions here must be vacation related.

Reply to: Is Largo, FL a decent place to live?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Largo
Recent Conversations