We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a fun place to visit

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a fun place to visit

Hello! I am looking for a fun place for my boyfriend and I to visit during our "Wing It" vacation. In utopia we would find a place with tiki hut bars on the beach. We would like to avoid the chain tourist trap areas but still want a good beach and some good fishing options. We are in our mid 30's and like to have a few cocktails and relax in a fun environment. Any advice? Marco Island? Sanibel? Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
20,094 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a fun place to visit

Maybe Key West? Check that forum out for suggestions. Good luck!

marco island fl.
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a fun place to visit

Check out Boca Grande, 1 hour north of Ft. Myers airport. The Anchor Inn is a great place , Once on Boca all you need is a golf cart (Boca-buggy) for transportation, there's no franchises allowed on Boca, there's no beach fees

It's really old style Florida, the late night golf cart rides are the best. You can also check out the south beach grill, it's right on the gulf.

Good luck and have fun !

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a fun place to visit

Boca Grande does sound good.......some research to be done methinks!

Royal Oak, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a fun place to visit

OOOH, Boca Grande, I had never thought about that. I will check it out! Thank you! Key West is out because my boyfriend has been to the keys his last three trips.

marco island fl.
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a fun place to visit

If you stay at the Anchor inn. They'll have a golf cart at your door, it's a beautiful thing.

6. Re: Looking for a fun place to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 18:23
Get answers to your questions about Marco Island