We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nokomis and Englewood beaches, looking for comparison

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
190 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Nokomis and Englewood beaches, looking for comparison

We have stayed twice on Anna Maria Island. This year we are considering a quick trip in March when we are able to get away (yes I understand this is a FL busy season). However, I would like to know what it is like there? Is it that old Florida flare? Are the beaches Ocean City crowded or pretty spaced out with plenty of room between the sunbathers? We like peace and quiet, a good restaurant too, don't mind driving a bit for this if need be, but just like an easy stay.

Will this work for us?

5 replies to this topic
Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nokomis and Englewood beaches, looking for comparison

Nokomis is basically one public beach on Casey Key. For peace and quiet I'd give Nokomis the edge. Even on the busiest beach days there is plenty of space. Englewood has public beaches on both ends of Manasota Key, and I also like it there, not too crowded. The city of Englewood is more like old Florida, but not always in a good way. For me I prefer Nokomis because of its proximity to Venice, not far for Sarasota, and not far from Siesta Key for a day trip. I see Englewood and its beaches as a good short day trip too. Nokomis area gives a lot of options for restaurants, very light traffic, and lots to do in nearby Sarasota.

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
190 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nokomis and Englewood beaches, looking for comparison

Thanks for the reply. We went to Nokomis last March And had an amazing time! We will definitely return.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,210 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nokomis and Englewood beaches, looking for comparison

I like Nokomis, but Manasota key is better.

You dont have to use the busy Englewood beach, there are 3 others. More restaurants on MK .

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
149 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nokomis and Englewood beaches, looking for comparison

You could also look into Venice. Venice has nice quiet beaches and wonderful restaurants downtown.

It's 35 minutes away from siesta key.

But to answer your question Nokomis over Englewood.

Good luck.

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
190 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nokomis and Englewood beaches, looking for comparison

Thanks everyone for the feedback but this post is quite old. I traveled to nokomis this past winter. But thanks for the input.

Reply to: Nokomis and Englewood beaches, looking for comparison
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nokomis