We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hunting for sharks' teeth

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hunting for sharks' teeth

I will be on the west coast near Clearwater with my son for a weekend. We would like to visit a beach that we can find sharks teeth. I see Nokomis and Englewood as suggestions---- but which one??? Thanks!!

4 replies to this topic
Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hunting for sharks' teeth

You can go to just about any beach between Nokomis and Englewood for shark's teeth. I've had the best luck at Casperson in Venice, and on Manasota Key beaches.

Edited: 11 June 2016, 00:59
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,066 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hunting for sharks' teeth

Manasota key is the best place as far as I have found. but a little further south.

If you want to do it right, you'll soend a whole day away from CEB, but will that make the besst of your time and money for that WE? It can be almost 2 hours depending on traffic and where you go.

I'd think about (if you have just 2 days) saving the Sharks teeth hunt for when you choose a WE south of clearwater in Anna Maria, SK, Or sarasota? The only other option is to get up really early, get down to Manasota key in the am, do your searching, then hit a beachfront restaurant ont he ay back up be is Sharkeys in Venice or one on anna maria then back in clearwater late afternoon.

but not really wise to do a big road trip on short WE stay.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hunting for sharks' teeth

Thank you so much for your suggestions! We found about 60 sharks teeth in about an hour and a half at Manasota Key!! We ate at Sharky's like you also suggested and it was delicious! The water on Venice Beach was sparkling like diamonds. I thought of the crystal sea... Thank you so much for your advice! We will definitely have to plan another trip and spend more time. We caught Siesta Key beach on our way back to Clearwater right at sunset... amazing!!

Thank you again!! We had a very memorable time!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,066 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hunting for sharks' teeth

Glad you had success!

Reply to: Hunting for sharks' teeth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nokomis