We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

By The Sea versus Island Breeze

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
620 posts
Save Topic
By The Sea versus Island Breeze

I'm hoping some of you could help me choose one of these two houses. Both are close to each other on Chapin lane and each is by AMRC, We're going the last of May 2016. Last year (our first time) we stayed at a great house.....Life's A Beach....halfway down Wightman Lane. This year we would like to be a little closer to the beach and in a quieter less busy area. I thought the library area would work for us. Any opinions? Thanks to each of you.....and always Bean you're the greatest!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: By The Sea versus Island Breeze

Oh geez, thanks!

Island Breeze and By the Sea are across the street from each other and very equal distance to the beach entrance.

I haven't been in Island Breeze, but it's a much larger property than By the Sea. I've been in By the Sea, while it's adorable and only very recently open to the rental market, it's on the smaller side. I don't know how many people you are traveling with, so it could be a tight fit.

Island breeze photos have been updated since I last looked at it, it's definitely not updated in terms of kitchen,baths and flooring, but the rental rate price reflects that. Carpet looks like it has some stains in a few of the photos, maybe ask AMRC about that.

How many bedrooms are you looking for? And what are your exact dates?

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
620 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: By The Sea versus Island Breeze

Thank you...Bean. We only have 2 adult couples, so a 2 bedroom is fine, but we would go with a 3 bedroom just to get a nicer place. Our dates are May 21-28. We loved Wightman Lane last year, but just a little too much activity from Yolo and the day trippers parking at McCarthy's. We also loved the outdoor spaces at Lite's a Beach, and really haven't seen anything equivalent in a smaller house. We may go back to it this year, but was looking at something different as well.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: By The Sea versus Island Breeze

By the Sea would be perfect for two couples. I was thinking larger family for some reason,don't know why!!

The house has very recently been put into the rental market, it's really nice and clean, great decor, great beachy feel to it. I love the front porch, very close to beach access. It's a bargain at that summer rate. No hesitation to recommend.

Also look at The Cottage, available for your dates through AMRC. It's on Laika Lane, but it really is very private there. The house backs up to vegetation, think it is 3 or 4 down from the private beach entrance. I have not been in this home, only saw it from the Lane. It's on my short list for when my husband and I are there without kids.Price, again, is a steal for location and the condition of the home. Very new to rental market.

I don't think you will be bothered by Andy Rosse Lane noise there at all. AMRC has an excellent reputation.The photos on their website are accurate and up to date. Thats why I suggest looking at the photos of the carpet at Island Breeze, if it's in the photos, it must be dirty in real life.

Between The Cottage and By the Sea, The Cottage has better outdoor space in my opinion. There are two screened porches and beautiful foliage. By the Sea has a decent front yard, and again, that porch,but the yard is mostly flat without vegetation. The side and back yards are not accessable via the home. ( no porch or steps in the back).

Hope this is helpful!

Edited: 25 June 2015, 00:58
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
620 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: By The Sea versus Island Breeze

Thank you so much Bean! I do value your opinion. We're still considering.

5. Re: By The Sea versus Island Breeze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2016, 12:18