We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries on the way from airport

PA
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Topic
Groceries on the way from airport

What do you think the best option would be for getting groceries on Saturday afternoon upon arrival from Fort Myers Airport? I would be willing to get the dry goods first and make another stop closer to Captiva for the refrigerated items. I also could get a cooler at the first stop and get all items at once. Either way is fine with me.

Does anyone have specific stores and locations that they could recommend to me?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Missouri
Level Contributor
762 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Groceries on the way from airport

We take a different view because its usually just my wife and I (or maybe another 2 or 3 extra people). We will have Baileys stock the place with enough beer for the afternoon evening plus something for breakfast. We usually eat out the first night. The next day when we are rested and capable of making rational choices we drive down to Bailey's and shop for the week. After we've spent the money we've spent on the house, flights etc. I not going to worry about saving an extra couple of hundred bucks on groceries. Plus I like feeling (misguided as it may be) that I'm giving my money to someone local and not some corporate headquarters somewhere. I would quite possibly have a different take if I was feeding a hoard of ravenous teens.

Edited: 04 July 2015, 05:27
PA
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Groceries on the way from airport

Thanks for all the replies! We used the Publix right before the bridge as suggested. After getting the dry goods there, we stopped at Jerry's for the cold supplies. Then when we needed to re-stock halfway through the week we went to Bailey's. Lastly, for little last minute things like milk, bug spray, coffee filters etc we used the Island Store. All the suggestions were very helpful. Thank you so much!

Edited: 04 July 2015, 12:43
13. Re: Groceries on the way from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2016, 12:17