We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at McCarthy's Marina

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
301 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at McCarthy's Marina

I know you can park at the marina for $10/day, but I was wondering if there are any bathroom facilities there? We'll be staying on Sanibel but visiting Captiva a day or two and I'm not sure if it's better to park at McCarthy's or the public lot and pay the hourly fee. Is the public lot fee still $2.00/hr? Thanks!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at McCarthy's Marina

The public beach lot at the end of Captiva Drive is the only place you can park other than McCarthy's. There is a porta potty there, but no other facilities and parking is now $3.00 per hour.

McCarthy's usually has open spaces, it depends on the number of cruises scheduled the day you are there and the season. Off season, never a problem parking. There are bathroom facilities and you can purchase snacks and drinks there. If you want to access the beach, walk to the end of Andy Rosse.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at McCarthy's Marina

Sorry, Melissa, I was wrong about the parking fee at Allison Hagerup. I haven't been over there for a while, here is the accurate information. It has always been regulated by Lee County and was $2 per hour last time I was there.

https://www.leegov.com/parks/facility…

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
301 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at McCarthy's Marina

Thank you. I think we'll try McCarthy's. Restrooms and snacks are a plus!

4. Re: Parking at McCarthy's Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2016, 14:17