We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather??????

Chicago
Level Contributor
183 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather??????

The countdown has started!!!!!!! Arriving in one week, please reassure me that when I look at the projected weather for July11-18 Rain means the typical Florida, rain an hour or so late afternoon, but plenty of sunshine early morning?? Here in Chicago we are having the wettest and coolest summer on record. I'm ready to bask in the sun??

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,927 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather??????

Yes, just a brief but hard shower for about an hour or so, usually in the afternoon.

PA
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather??????

We've been here a week and the weather has been amazing. We had two evenings of rain. Lasted less than an hour. Once around 6:30 pm and last night around 7:30 pm.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
176 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather??????

Yes, there was rain in our week's forecast when we were there in June too. Just the typical afternoon thundershower. A lot of times it will threaten rain but doesn't make it across the bay and stays mainland. Do pack a rain jacket, but it shouldn't last for very long.

PA
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather??????

I agree with ChattyKathyB. We were told by a local that although the forecast may say rain, it quite often doesn't make it across the sound. Last week apparently we heard the mainland was getting "pounded" at times, but we barely saw any rain except for the two times it rained in the early evening for about an hour.

Moravia, Iowa
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather??????

Should I stop looking at the forecast? Every day shows rain! We will be arriving on the 1st. If it only rains a little bit each afternoon, then why do they put a cloud and thunderstorm for the day on the weather app?!

Missouri
Level Contributor
762 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather??????

Are you in a position to cancel your reservations? If not, quit watching the weather......if it rains, it rains.

North Fort Myers...
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather??????

This time of year it rains someplace in the area at some time during the day. Depending on the wind direction, it could be a few hours in the morning, or a few hours in the afternoon. Normally, the storms are scattered. Check the tropical forecast 5 days before you leave, and if there's something heading for the Gulf of Mexico, then keep an eye on it. Other than that, just check the forecast each day to see if the storms are more likely in the morning or afternoon, and plan your beach time accordingly.

Edited: 22 July 2015, 09:27
Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Chicago
Level Contributor
183 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather??????

When we were there (July 11-18) The beginning of the week was hot and sunny. Mid week it did cloud up in the afternoon with rain. We stayed at an awesome house that had a covered area at the pool so we just hung out and played cards or read. More rain than any other time I've been there BUT enough good weather to be in the sun! We already made our reservation for same week next year! Just go in the sun when its out !!! Enjoy!

Blauvelt, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather??????

Hi there,

We are considering renting the "All Clear" I was a little nervous thinking that the pictures may not really be as good as the property. Thank you for your review!! I feel much better now. We are a family of 5 - 3 boys - ages 12, 17 and 20. We have been to Southseas and loved it there but wanted something more private. The pool sounds great and a wonderful way to extend the day. Were you bothered by the noise at the Bubble Room? Did you rent bikes and is it safe to bike around the island?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
The Bubble Room Restaurant
The Bubble Room...
4,203 Reviews
Captiva Island, FL
Chicago
Level Contributor
183 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather??????

You will be so happy if you rent ALL CLEAR! First off I believe it's a newer rental, so everything looks brand new. Not that tired look after years of weekly rentals. The beds and linens very comfortable and soft. The two bathrooms updated with great water pressure. At first I didn't like the laundry at pool level, but we spent most of the day down there, so just had everyone bring down laundry in the wicker baskets in all the bedrooms. No problem to switch wash over...nice big machines. I would have liked a bathroom at pool level, but not too bad.

As far as the noise at the Bubble Room...at lunch you would hear "Smith party your table is ready" for maybe 45 minutes. Again at 6-8 but we had bluetooth speakers with our own music to soften it. After day 1 my girls asked if it was a dealbreaker for the future and I can say it didn't bother me too much. I did hear the daily garbage or delivery to Bubble Room around 8am every day, but I'm an early riser so no bother. It didn't wake my daughter who was in the queen bedroom that shared that wall. Also, the house was soooo clean, when we arrived music on the sound system and such a lovely lemon clean scent. I'm very picky about floors, sinks, bathrooms all perfect!

A wall of books but some board games would be nice and only one float.we left several inner tubes and rafts behind. I'm not a fan of direct TV, I did pass along a request for a DVD player , we like to bring a season of something (24, Downton Abbey, Star WArs ) and just binge watch in the evening. We did rent bikes at Sanible Finnemores Cycle who deliver and pick up for just $15 for as many bikes as you want. We did ride to where Captiva and Sanible meet. Also you can ride bikes down Andy Ross lane and there is a bike rack at Mucky Duck to chain them up when you go to the Gulf for a swim. We loved All Clear so much we alreday reserved it for next year. Almost too big for my husband, myself, and our daughters (26 & 24). Lastly a very stocked kitchen, I made a few dinners all had all the pots, knives,.... needed. Bonus a drawer fridge and ice maker besides the full size fridge. Any other questions just ask.

Mentioned in this post
The Bubble Room Restaurant
The Bubble Room...
4,203 Reviews
Captiva Island, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL