We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Seas Beach Villas

Scotch Plains, New...
1 post
Save Topic
South Seas Beach Villas

Will I regret staying at a beach villa with two boys, 5 and 7? Or do I really need to be in the north side?

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Seas Beach Villas

Beach Villa complex has 3 pools-- 2 beach side, 1 Bayside. So no shortage of pools. Are you renting thru South Seas or from a independent villa owner? If thru South Seas, there is a free trolley stop just outside the beach villas that will take you to the north end pools. Most importantly, Beach Villas are the only rentals that are ON the beach. If you are renting thru SSIR you may have free breakfast as an benefit, then traveling to the north end is a bit of a hassle; but, after you have exhausted your vouchers you will appreciated the restaurants within walking distance in Captiva Village.

Edited: 07 August 2015, 06:39
Mentioned in this post
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
36 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Seas Beach Villas

We stayed in the Beach Villas with our 6 and 3 year old. We rented a golf cart so getting anywhere was easy and a super fun mode of transportation for them! It is farther from the resort pools but closer to town and the beach than other options. Kinda depends where you think you will be most. We are going back next week and staying in the Bayside villas on the south side also.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
357 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Seas Beach Villas

During our last visit we stayed at the North side in a Harbourside suite for 3 days and rented a golf cart. The golf cart was super fun, but also super expensive! It was great being so close to the main pool with the slides, but it was a little bit of a drive to the beach.

In a couple weeks we are staying in a beach villa because we are staying for 6 days and wanted to option to cook food in our own villa. My only complaint about Captiva and SSR is the price of food so we wanted this option with a longer stay. I figure it will be great having the water view and being steps away from the beach and also being able to walk to town to eat dinner, etc. And during the day we'll just take the trolley down to the main pool. There's actually an SSR app that shows you where the trolley is which will help with wait times.

I hope we don't regret staying on the south side!

Mentioned in this post
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
4. Re: South Seas Beach Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2016, 12:17