We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering how long I can roughly expect to wait If I went straight to Flight of Passage as soon as Extra Magic hours start in the morning. Any experiences of this?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
7 replies to this topic
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,585 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

No personal experience, but from what others have reported, you will have plenty of company, even that early in the morning. It also depends on when you''re visiting.

It's been such a popular ride that even early morning (like 7:00 AM) EMH days have been super-crowded with long waits. There's lots more folks taking advantage of EMH now that many of the Disney Springs hotels are allowing their guests to participate.

Of course, it all depends on where in the line you are when the gates open, but I would plan on no less than one hour's wait, and if you get lucky and have a shorter time, count yourself lucky.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

Spring break time this year my kids got there at 7 am (7 am emh) and FOP was 90 mins then - they were not looking to rope drop it (we had a FP) but rope dropped Navi and saw the FOP wait. You will want to get there well before park opening if you want to minimize the wait.

Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

Last week we arrived 45 minutes early to the Animal Kingdom, before extra magic hours opening. (2 adults and 2 x 7 yr olds) We walked quickly with the crowds to FOP and didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes. There is a long beautiful windy walk up to the ride that takes 10 minutes so you won't be standing still. We then went right to Navi river and had no wait either. If you want to be at the very front I would suggest being at the park 1 hour before extra magic hour starts. They start checking bags and letting people in slightly earlier than posted. We were also able to get to the safari as our 3rd choice without a wait. So didn't need to use a fast pass until 4th attraction.

west mids, UK
Level Contributor
186 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

I had the same experience as travel fish. We were near the front and had ridden the ride within 10 mins. You will need to walk briskly. The cast members will stop you if you run.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

We've done FOP at rope drop 3 times so far. Arrived 1 hour before opening time each time. The actual wait time in the FOP line, once the Pandora gates opened ranged from 15 min to 40 min. (And each time when we exited FOP (within ~40 min. of park opening time), the wait time was 90+ minutes.)

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

Thats great, thank you, i wanted some real experiences so that I can know what to expect. Hopefully i'll get a FP but just incase :D

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage

We were there a couple of days ago, and arrived at 8.45am. We went straight to FOP and waited about 30 mins to get on. The queue was really well organised and the wait seemed to pass quickly.

Reply to: Extra Magic Hours - Flight of Passage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted