We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

Ireland
Level Contributor
355 posts
276 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

I am thinking of visiting Orlando from june 2nd to 12th next year. I was wondering what the crowds would be like at this time. Are there any local school holidays at this time? I was also wondering about the heat and humidity. I woul be travelling with a 13 and a 14 year old. We have visited twice before but both timesatChristmas time.

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

I have been in June a few times.

It is very hot and humid to start with. But I have taken babies and children and they adjust to heat in a couple of days.

It can be quite busy, but no where as busy as christmas time,

We liked June, but now go in September as no crowds at all ! Bliss.

You should be fine in June.

Hope you have a great trip

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

If you're not used to heat and humidity you will find it brutal - think temperatures around 35 C then add the uncomfortable humidity to that.

Schools will all be on Summer holidays until about mid August.

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

Hi we are going on the 7th june and we also have only been xmas time ill drop u a line to let u know how we found the crowds and heat

Ireland
Level Contributor
355 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

I would really appreciate that! Enjoy your holiday!

bridlington
Level Contributor
724 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

We're going 9th June but have been in June 3 times and September 2 do prefer June I'm sure you'll be o.k.

motherwell
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

I'm going on the 10th June I have been in June before and as said before very hot and humid quite busy in the parks also, given the choice I would like to go September or November (been then once before excellent) but my

holiday has to be taken betwen June and August :(:( to fit in with work i'm sure you will have a great time regardless when you go :):)

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

We're also going on 2nd June.

Have been twice before-once in June & once at Christmas. The cooler temps at Christmas made the park touring easier , but meant the waterparks & hotel pool were less appealing. We found June to be hot, but bearable with cool clothing, comfy sandals and plenty of drinks

The parks were very quiet in the few days just before Christmas but became busy after 25th Dec when everyone was on holiday from work. The week of the UK Whitsun Half Term is usually quite busy in Florida, but it seemed to quieten a little the following week when the Brits had gone home .

Crawley Down...
Level Contributor
149 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

We have been in June the last three times and we are going on the 14th of June this year too :)

It is hot and humid plus there is a good chance of afternoon showers and storms each day, but these only usually last an hour or so and it cools the evenings down which is nice.

The parks are busy but we tend to buy fast passes to by-pass this.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

The local kids will be out of school for the summer. It will be hot, but not quite as bad as July or August.

10. Re: Orlando visit June 2-12th 2012??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 17:19