We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt Car Rental

Yarmouth, Maine...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt Car Rental

Has anyone used Sixt Car Rental from Orlando International Airport. Anything good or bad that we should know? Thanks!

92 replies to this topic
newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Hi Liz D a similar question was asked in January.. would appear to be a newish company to Orlando ... rentals situated off site at MCO.. If you put company name in search above to see posts..

Detroit, Michigan...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt Car Rental

I've been looking for the same information - I'm flying into MCO mid-feb during the big winter school break/presidents day weekend and prices for everyone else are astronomical. I normally don't use new companies/companies I havent heard of but their rates are so good I can't pass it up. Just so you know, when I called to book my reservation they said they can authorize your card up to 3x the amount of your rental as a deposit/hold. I found the best deal by calling (I dont like paying in advance) all I did was ask if they had any discounts and the person on the phone knocked my price down by $40 no questions asked, I'm paying $66 total all taxes and fee included for 3 days for a fullsize car...couldn't find a rate for under $66 per day with any other company for even a clown car!!!

Garland, TX
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt Car Rental

I just returned from a long weekend trip to Orlando, where I used Sixt. They had only been open in that location for 3 days, and in fact were still slightly under construction at their offsite facility, but the people were nice, the cars were great, and the prices were incredible. It's a German company with a very good name there.

Big warning, though: the young manager(?) seems to have only been in the U.S. for a couple weeks, and this is a very European type setup. Don't count on super-fast, super-efficient U.S. type service. You queue up and wait your turn to get a car, and ditto to return it. The wait time was a good 20 - 30 minutes each way, enough to cause you to miss a flight if you're running close.

They also put a large hold on your credit card over and above the rental cost, and in my case didn't actually say anything about it. No big deal since I wasn't running close to my limit, but it *could* be a big deal if you were.

I would use them again due to price and car quality/condition (which might deteriorate over time as their brand new fleet ages), but only if I could plan PLENTY of extra time in anticipation of the wait.

Edited: 28 January 2012, 23:25
Detroit, Michigan...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Thanks Deborah! Can I ask what size car you rented and what type of car you got? I'm just wondering if they are like alamo/national where you get to pick your own car or if you are assigned a car.

Garland, TX
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sixt Car Rental

I reserved a "Mustang Convertible or similar". They didn't have a Mustang when I got there (more were due to be delivered that day, but they hadn't arrived yet), so they asked if I'd be okay with a 2-seater. I said that would be fine, so they gave me a Mercedes hard-top convertible. It had exactly 6 miles on the odometer and was gorgeous. Great fun to drive.

While I was there, they offered several other customers a choice of 3 or 4 different cars in their reservation category. All were nice cars. Pretty much everybody was suspicious since the prices were so low, but delighted with their actual cars.

I don't know if the super low prices are temporary because it's a new location, or if they're going to keep them low all the time, but for now they're giving fantastic deals.

Detroit, Michigan...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Thanks for the info! I am renting a car there in soon and just checked the rates again today and my rate went from about $70 to $40 for a fullsize car for 3 days, SCORE! Plus they don't charage an under 25 surcharge. Hopefully they have something cool on the lot for me to rent.

Garland, TX
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Just make sure you have a credit card, not just a debit card. I saw a young man who had just a debit card (and not enough money in his account to swing a large cash deposit) run into trouble with that. And remember that they do charge a deposit "hold" amount against your credit card.

If in doubt, call and go over those details in advance. They had a lot filled with beautiful cars when I was there. I watched one guy rent a nice little car for TWO WEEKS for $100. I couldn't believe it. Neither could he. :)

Oh, and if the young male manager checks you out, be prepared for the sales job re: a pre-paid tolltag ($6.95/day, which strikes me as a bad deal), a protection package (insurance, which you shouldn't need if you have good comp/collision insurance on your car at home), etc. He was the only one pushing that stuff when I was there.

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Thank you Deborah, we are going on a girls weekend arriving in Orlando tomorrow afternoon. We rented from SIXT and found them to be the cheapest there. Our car is supposed to be $10.40 a day and we couldn't believe it. You have helped curb my concerns with the company, thanks again

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sixt Car Rental

We are scheduled to rent with them at the end of March with too almost a "too good to be true" price. Thank you for the feedback! So just to clarify, the charge your credit card upfront as a hold that then gets fully reimbursed when you return the car? Is that correct?

Garland, TX
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sixt Car Rental

Re: the credit card hold charge, yes, that is correct. (And I double-checked my credit card statement online once I got home to make sure, and they did release the hold promptly.)

Their pricing, for now, at least, is incredible. The brand new Mercedes hard-top convertible they gave me cost $37/day total, including all the taxes & etc., which was less than a crummy compact car from Hertz for that weekend.

Reply to: Sixt Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted