We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LIVE Trip Report!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
LIVE Trip Report!

Hi everyone!

wanted to do a TR for this holiday but knew that as soon as we got home I'd lose track, so I'm hoping to post day by day as we're here!

will post as replies

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

How exciting ....have a fantastic time!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

So, where is the first one lol?

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

Day 0: arrival in Orlando

left our airport hotel in Manchester at around 7:30am. This is our 4th trip to Orlando, by the way. Arrived at the airport to check for our flight - we chose to fly US Airways via Philadelphia this time round to get a couple of extra days out of the holiday (virgin were not playing ball) so we now have 16 nights rather than 14. Having previously flown on TC, BA and Virgin, we didn't know where this would fit in after reading some less than glowing reviews...

checked in fine and the flight departed on time with no real issues. Very surprised by the quality of the plane and leg room was very good, IMO. entertainment good, food good, landed early (30 minutes) with no issues.

Then we got to Philly airport. Oh dear. I had read immigration was smooth and relatively quick... No. Rows and rows and yep you guessed it, rows of people. I thought it could have been handled better (don't like queues that merge into other queues...) but they deal with this every day, so after 45 minutes we were through fine and dandy. dropped bags onto next carousel and was greeted by another couple of queues for security. Tedious is the best way to describe it, and people in the queues were worried about making connections. we made ours and got the plane fine, but on the whole I wasn't impressed with Philly airport compared to some others. plane was 1 hr late departing from queuing for runway but made up time.

Landed in MCO, got bags and made it to the (thankfully smaller than dollar) Avis line. All our cars have previously been hired with dollar but the company we booked with partnered with Avis. No huge deal. attendant was friendly but loaded us with the 'you're not fully covered' spiel. We almost fell for it, but our holiday insurance also covered us and $276 we were not paying. we booked a Cadillac but were given the 'or similar'. Lincoln town car it is.

Made it to the Homewood suites safe and sound, we're in the ones nearest universal for the 3rd time now. Love them.

Quick supper round the corner at Dennys sorted us after a long day.

Jet lag gas the better of us now, so we're up bright and early and getting ready for Magic Kingdom. They have EMH this morning, but traditions tradition. It only feels right to do MK first!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

A great first trip report ellen, loads of detail! Looking forward to more over the next couple of weeks. Enjoy your hols!

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

We dont fly out until August but we have done the exact same thing, booked with US airways and fly to MCO via Phili... we managed to get 17 nights cheaper than the 14 requested and saved half compared to what Virgin were offering.

i will look forward to your reports :) have a good trip

Wymondham, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

Look forward to hearing more over the coming days......have a wonderful time, and hope the weather is good to you :)

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

Great start. Really looking forward to sharing your holiday with you.

A x

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

Looking forward to reading your reports!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,946 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LIVE Trip Report!

Wow 16 days enjoy.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,491 posts