We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a car necessary?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
240 posts
88 reviews
Is a car necessary?

My son and I will be arriving at PNS airport Aug 5. Our trip is for 9 days total, but the first two nights in Pensacola. Our flight lands at 5:05 PM. After a long day of travel we will probably just want to get some food and possibly sit in hot tub. We mainly want to go to the beach and hang out. We will be staying at either Courtyard Pensacola 451 Creighton Road Pensacola Florida 32504 USA or The Courtyard Downtown 700 E Chase St, Pensacola, FL 32502. (My son has employee discount so price is right <$50 night). I am not opposed to getting a car, but a 9 day rental is crazy. For the just the two days past a week it comes up to $150. For sure the first night's car after 5pm is not worth $75. If I can get away without the car the next day and still have a good time, all the better.

Please let me know what you think. Am I going to end up spending more than $75 per day on Ubers, etc or can I make this no car thing work?

3 replies to this topic
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Is a car necessary?

its quite a trip out to the beaches … I wouldn't want to be without a car .. plus , you surely would want to go out to fort pickens , etc ? so for me its … yes, a car is necessary to have an enjoyable time . I really wouldn't go for the $75 car … any compact for $20-45/day will do fine for basic transportation

Level Contributor
17 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Is a car necessary?

Yes, you need a car or plan on taxis/Ubers. If you stay at a hotel on Pensacola Beach there are free trolleys.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
240 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Is a car necessary?

Thank you all. I have decided to go with the car.

Reply to: Is a car necessary?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola
Recent Conversations
More Pensacola Topics