We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pensacola Airport Traffic for early morning flight

Tennessee
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Pensacola Airport Traffic for early morning flight

We will be visiting Pensacola Beach in September. We will be leaving on a Thursday via Southwest at 755 am. I will need to return a rental car picked up at PNS. At that time of morning what is the traffic like from Pensacola Beach to the airport? Do they offer curbside baggage check in for Southwest flights? How easy is the car rental return process? Thanks for you help in advance!!

2 replies to this topic
TN
Level Contributor
366 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Pensacola Airport Traffic for early morning flight

traffic will be a non-issue, it really doesn't start getting too heavy into town until 7:15-7:30 and you'll need to be at the airport by then (school zone as well in Gulf Breeze, but again, you should be through early enough not to have to deal with that). Car returns are simple, maybe a two minute walk to the terminal. I don't believe there is a curb side bag check for Southwest, they have a small operation in Pensacola - only three daily departures that time of year (2x to Nashville, 1x to Houston). It is almost always no line, no wait to check bags, but once, and only once, I almost missed a flight because the line was stupid long.

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
179 reviews
2. Re: Pensacola Airport Traffic for early morning flight

Funny thing about Pensacola security lines - one time you breeze through, the next time they pat down & open luggage on almost everyone. You never know which one you'll get!

Reply to: Pensacola Airport Traffic for early morning flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola
More Pensacola Topics