We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Best Price Guarantee

Manchester...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic

A few nights ago I booked a room for three nights using Holiday Inn's website and I was given their Best Price Guarantee. Michele within a few minutes found the same room with breakfast for two on the Orbitz App for a cheaper price. I thought no problem, I'll turn it into Holiday Inn and they will honor the price. We screen captured the App just in case.

Guess what!?! They are not going to honor the lower price. I should have canceled the reservation through Holiday Inn and booked it with Orbitz for a lower price plus breakfast! Instead, I had faith that they would honor the lower price.

They had two points why they would not guarantee the price:

1. We found the Orbitz price with an APP and Apps are not open to the general public. (I have seen people on welfare who have APPs!)

2. I compared a 'regular' Orbitz price to a 'AAA' price on the Holiday Inn website. (So, I picked the lowest possible price I could get on the Holiday Inn website and compared it to the Orbitz price and that is not honorable. If I had picked the higher price on the Holiday Inn website that was listed ''Best Available" and compared it to the Orbitz price, they would honor it.)

Helotes, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Best Price Guarantee

Wow, that is pretty poor customer service. I was wondering how the best price guarantee worked (or doesn't work). I would expect more from Holiday Inn. Thanks for your comment.

2. Re: Holiday Inn Best Price Guarantee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Pensacola
More Pensacola Topics