We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July trip

2 posts
Save Topic
July trip

Hello we are planning to go Seista Key end of July. I keep hearing its a very nice beach. My question is how is the nightlife? We are in our 30's and me and my boyfriend like hip-hop and reggae. I'm wondering if this is the town for us. We really like music.

6 replies to this topic
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July trip

Siesta Village has some places with live music, but this isn't South Beach. If you want clubs that are hopping at 2 AM, this won't be the place for you.

~SRQgirl

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: July trip

I know it's not! Thanks!

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July trip

Siesta Key has live music on the weekends, and some weeknights. Mixed, different kinds of music. I think you will enjoy it....also check out downtown at night....

Mentioned in this post
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July trip

Go to this site - http://www.visitsiestakey.com/ - and see if it answers your questions.

Yes, it's not South Beach BUT it's a magnificent place and there is live music at various establishments ... people come here more for the beach (repeatedly voted #1).

Might also want to check on the Sarasota forums as well (advertising for SK sometimes identify themselves as "Sarasota").

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,223 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July trip

It is more flip flops and jimmy buffet than stilettos and hip hop really.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July trip

Amanx :) so true

Reply to: July trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted