We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self drive classic car hire/ rental

Save Topic
Self drive classic car hire/ rental

Hi all,

First trip to AMI in 5 weeks and counting!

Wanted to surprise my parents with a classic car they could drive around in the island for a few hours or maybe catch a drive in movie like they used to...

Does anybody have a contact or company they could recommend that does this sort of thing, looking at any old classic American car something like a Bel-Air or Buick etc.

Thanks in advance

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self drive classic car hire/ rental

Google " classic car rental sarasota fl " for many results

Save Reply
2. Re: Self drive classic car hire/ rental

Thanks for the reply but I have tried this and not had any luck! I have emailed Coles Classics, classiccarmusclecarrentals.com and rentclassic.com - the only ones on Google that looked like they offered self drive hires but two returned poor excuses😑 and one never replied...so if anyone knows of any others it would be hugely appreciated, thanks

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self drive classic car hire/ rental

This is a legit company..maybe they can direct you.

http://www.practicalcar.com

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,298 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self drive classic car hire/ rental

Check with some of the muscle car museums in the area. They may not rent theirs out but they may know someone who does. Also google car shows or antique cars shows, Sarasota and see if you can find a list of the car clubs in the area. They have have someone who will either rent or drive them around. We have a guy on our coast that has an original May West car. He and his wife dress the part and will drive people for weddings, etc.

As for drive in movies I don't know if you will find any around. Very few are still surviving.

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
5. Re: Self drive classic car hire/ rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2018, 13:16