We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for winter rental

minnesota
Level Contributor
533 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
looking for winter rental

Stayed at Aloha and we liked it, but didn't have a water view. Does anyone know the name of the condos right next door? I recall a weathered building that had fewer units, but all faced the water. We'd like to see if they have long term rental available. I believe we're too late in the year, but we're going to see what's available and take it from there. If not, we'll head back to Mexico! :)

We're looking into a 2-3 month winter rental:

I like the Aloha area, as the sand is sad...not crunchy seashells.

prefer a smaller building (less people coming and going) We'd consider a house too.

water front views

1 bedroom

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
6 replies to this topic
sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for winter rental

How much do you want to spend per month? what months? need more info.

~SRQgirl

Minnesota
Level Contributor
658 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for winter rental

Watching this because we too are looking for a rental but for 2019 for 3 months.

minnesota
Level Contributor
533 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for winter rental

dec - jan. & feb. we'd like a dream spot,all for $5,000 or less. (do i sound like the HGTV househunters we always laugh at??) lol

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
11,066 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for winter rental

February is a very busy and expensive month. Here is a condo map to give you an idea of condos close to Aloha Kai. You can check prices and availability for those in that area.

isiestakey.com/2012/05/siesta-key-condo-map/

You can look on www.vrbo.com as well as contacting the condos themselves. Perhaps you meant Casa Mar?

www.siestakeychamber.com

~SRQgirl

Edited: 05 July 2017, 21:45
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for winter rental

5K per month or 5K in total?

You wont find it 5K total, even a one bed rents for more than that as a long term rental. Short term rentals are 3-10x more depending on where.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for winter rental

I know of someone who just purchased a condo off the Trail, 10 minutes from Siesta Key, 2/2 and in your price range. She's looking for a seasonal renter. Let me know if you need to be put in touch and not being directly on the beach is a deal breaker.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: looking for winter rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted