We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any one have any experience with House Swapping

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Any one have any experience with House Swapping

I recently inherited my mother's condo/villa in Sarasota and while I plan to retire there in 6-7 years, I don't really want to spend all my vacations there. So I was thinking I could do an exchange with someone in NYC or London or Ireland. I looked up some sites on the web, but they all charge a fee and offer no guarantee at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peggy

Mentioned in this post
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
London
London
Ontario, Canada
Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Ecotour
94 Reviews
from US$50.00*
Free Cancellation
Lido Key Stand Up Paddleboard Rental
from US$40.00*
Free Cancellation
Anna Maria Island Segway Tour
2 Reviews
from US$49.00*
Free Cancellation
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,150 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any one have any experience with House Swapping

Hi Peggy......How about Alaska ??.......February always has us wanting to fly away to Florida......just think of how much fun you could have shoveling snow and feeding the woodstove !!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any one have any experience with House Swapping

Nice try! I live in upstate NY so I know snow and shovelling too! However I do want to visit Alaska, maybe we can do a Fall or Spring exchange? Plus I have to rent condo Jan-March for big bucks to pay the bills for the rest of the year.

Take care,

Peggy

3. Re: Any one have any experience with House Swapping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 13:19