We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket near Helen?

ny
Level Contributor
43 posts
29 reviews
Supermarket near Helen?

Looking for a supermarket to pick up groceries for our cabin rental. I'll be coming south into Helen on GA 17/75. Thx.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,502 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Supermarket near Helen?

The biggest place is Ingle's in Cleveland, 10 miles south of Helen. Betty's, a long-standing local place in Helen, is on the north edge of town.

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Supermarket near Helen?

Betty's is the local market right in town. The store is smallish, but has all of the items of a regular supermarket, just not the variety. Your next choice is an Ingles in Cleveland. Continue through Helen on Rte. 75 for about 6 miles. This is a much larger, modern supermarket. Personally, I prefer the quaintness of Betty's.

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
424 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Supermarket near Helen?

If you're on a budget,Ingles will be best for shopping,if not then Betty's will be fine.As posted above,Betty's has all you will need just not the variety of a regular grocery store.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Supermarket near Helen?

Ingles is about 6-9 miles from town near the Cabbage Patch Doll Factory. We have great supermarkets in FL but I really was impressed by Ingles so my advice would be to go there just for the pleasure of it. They even have a small place to eat or have a cup of coffee. In Helen is www.bettysinhelen.com

which is more than adequate and we picked up some very good food to enjoy. Be good if you would post a review of your cabin rental when you return home. Have a good time.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Supermarket near Helen?

Unlike Publix in Florida, Ingles requires you to have a membership card to get the sales price on items. You may want to go online and get one now, or swing into an ingles near you (if there is one) to get your card if you do not have one already

ny
Level Contributor
43 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Supermarket near Helen?

Thanks to all! A visit to both Ingles & Betty's filled the bill...

7. Re: Supermarket near Helen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Helen