We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbelt Ag Expo

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Sunbelt Ag Expo

I am hoping to get a chance to enjoy the Ag Expo; however, I'm sure I've waited too late to get a reasonably priced motel for one night near the Expo. How far (mileage) is Moultrie from Waycross?

4 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
117 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Sunbelt Ag Expo

Looks like it's probably not too doable....100 miles @ 2 hour drive, according to Mapquest.

You might try Thomasville or Valdosta, depending on where you are coming from. Those are if you're coming from FL.

If you're coming from more north in GA, you could try historic Vienna, GA (a B&B perhaps?)...slightly closer at 1.5 hr. drive.

For that matter, Albany is a much closer to Moultrie and much larger than those other towns and only a 45 min ride over backroads.

Good Luck!

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
2. Re: Sunbelt Ag Expo

Thank you. Will be coming from South Carolina (Hampton). It will be a 4 1/2 + ride for us, so we are coming the night before and then driving back the next afternoon/night. I had planned on getting on I-95 in Hardeeville, SC on then following it to Brunswick then 84 to 37 (Adel) or either 82 to Tifton. Traveling with my hubby, 14 month old, and my parents. We had considered staying an extra day in Waycross because my father and husband both help with containment of the wildfire there a couple years ago and they wanted to ride around and look at places they had been.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
117 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Sunbelt Ag Expo

I was wondering why you wouldn't be taking I-75 and now I know why since Hampton is so far over on the coast. Taking I-95 makes the most sense and 82 is the most direct shot into Waycross from there.

I've stayed in Kingsland before a couple of times, but not Waycross. Very cool about your guys helping with the wildfire!

Of course, you have to consider that Waycross is still 2 hours out of Moultrie and getting together a 14-month old in the wee hours with feeding & diaper changes (unless you just plan on strolling into the Ag show later in the day) is going to be hectic, as I'm sure you already know! LOL

You might spend the rest of the afternoon of Day 1 drive in Waycross, even eat supper there, then head over to Tifton after dark for an overnight stay.

Good Luck either way!

L.

Edited: 02 September 2011, 01:10
Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
4. Re: Sunbelt Ag Expo

We found a hotel in Adel, GA for Monday night (10/17) and then drove on to Spence Field on Tuesday. Very informative and enjoyable trip, including the measurable amount of rain later Tuesday. Will be back in the future... maybe every couple of years. We were able to see at least 1/2 of the wildfire damage that was from the previous posting, which was nice.

Reply to: Sunbelt Ag Expo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moultrie
Recent Conversations