We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spas?

1 post
Save Topic
spas?

We're planning a trip to lava hot springs for our anniversary in December. We really want to get massages! Do the hotels in lava offer massages? Or even just a spa place instead of a hotel. We were looking specifically at the Home Hotel but anywhere is worth looking into :) thank you!

1 reply
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spas?

Hi - I was just about to post about the Incredible massage I had in Lava Hot Springs. I stayed at Home Hotel and they booked me with the Aura Soma massage studio, which is just down the street. I get massages regularly, but this was one of the best ever. I don't know if you prefer more relaxing or deeper, more therapeutic strokes but I highly recommend the ashiatsu massage. This is done with the feet, and the massage therapist uses beautiful iron bars mounted to the ceiling to accomplish this. The massage therapist was excellent in general, but I asked for a "sample" of the ashiatsu and it was amazing. Not only a unique experience but really relieved built-up stress and tensions in my lower back, glutes and legs. You can also soak in the hot springs at the same location.

Edited: 11 November 2014, 16:22
Reply to: spas?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lava Hot Springs
Recent Conversations