We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Fort Campbell...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Family Friendly Weekend Ideas

I'm looking for some ideas of kid friendly weekend activities in the North and West suburbs of Chicago.(WI border S to 88/ from the Lake W to St. Charles/Elgin) We have a 3 and 5 yr old and we need some inspiration beyond Chuck e Cheese. :)

We've already done the Kohl's kids museum in Glenview - great place by the way - Six Flags, Navy Pier, and the zoos.

I thank you in advance for your great help!

"Lady Mack"

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly Weekend Ideas

Hang in there! You have a great waterpark and lakefront in Highland Park - it won't be long until you can enjoy them. Also, check the HP village website - I know there is a nature center that's part of the park district. For more nature, try the Botanic Garden in Glencoe (especially the Japanese Garden), or Wagner Farm or The Grove in Glenview:

www.glenviewparkdist.org/About/about.htm

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49,749 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly Weekend Ideas

Just over the border - jellybelly.com/visit_jelly_belly/wisconsin_f…

Fort Campbell...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly Weekend Ideas

LOVE the jelly belly "factory" but we went last Spring Break - we hit the Eli's Cheesecake factory this yr. Eli's is SOOOO worth the $3 because you get a full piece of cheesecake AND samples of new flavors.

4. Re: Family Friendly Weekend Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 13:22
Get answers to your questions about Highland Park