We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel cost during nfl season question

Which Indianapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nanticoke pa.
Level Contributor
194 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
hotel cost during nfl season question

im looking to attend the colts/vikings game this year. im looking at 2 hotels near the stadium that cost 120 a night if i was to book them now for sept. althought the schedule dosent come out in april does the price of hotels rise during the nfl season. if so, any idea on how much ?

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel cost during nfl season question

Can't give any specific advice on your question, but will point out that as long as you can cancel without any penalty I don't see how you can go wrong.

If prices go up you're good at a locked in rate And, if at some point in the future you find a better deal, you can book elsewhere and cancel this one.

Sounds like a win-win to me,

hlo

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
826 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel cost during nfl season question

Don;t think the price of hotels are affected during the saseon as most of the fans will be locals

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
797 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel cost during nfl season question

If you are finding those prices for hotels close to the stadium for September then definately go ahead and book them now. September is a popular time in downtown Indy and rates are effected by other things than football. There are usually many ethnic festivals, concerts, and other events downtown that might play a role in higher rates. If I'm not mistaken the BMW Golf Championship takes place in September and even though it is in Carmel there might be some spill over into downtown.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel cost during nfl season question

Wait until the schedule comes out and book it on Hotwire. The good thing about Indy is that is very compact. All of the hotels downtown are within walking distance to the the stadium or are within a quick cab ride. I have never paid more than $100 after taxes and fees to stay in a 4 star hotel downtown by booking on Hotwire. Trust me you won't regret it.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel cost during nfl season question

I would book now as long as you can cancel. Downtown hotel prices are mostly affected by conventions and the price you have (120) sounds very good.

6. Re: hotel cost during nfl season question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2013, 17:38