We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit on Nov 26 & Thanskgiving day

Level Contributor
87 posts
87 reviews
visit on Nov 26 & Thanskgiving day

On the way to South Bend to my families for Thanksgiving we have decided to stop at Purdue. We are from NC. My son has never seen the campus and I have not been back since 1994. Graduated in 1986. Our trips back are usually quick and have no time to see the campus. We should be getting in around 3-4 Wednesday afternoon. We can stay until around 10 am Thanksgiving morning before heading out.

My question is will any of the buildings be open? The Union? Technology bldg.? Not to eat so much but to walk around. see the Christmas tree in the Union etc.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
87 posts
87 reviews
1. Re: visit on Nov 26 & Thanskgiving day

Christmas tree was not up yet. None if the food places were open but we could walk around the union. Got a lot of good pictures. I guess west lafayette forum is a lot slower than others

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: visit on Nov 26 & Thanskgiving day

Yep, most of the Indiana forums are low traffic (especially compared to popular destinations). I'll often chime in with some sort of general suggestion/comment, places to look, maybe a link or two, etc; but in your case it was a pretty specific question and I have no knowledge.

Sorry you didn't get a response, but sounds like things worked out (at least sort of).

hlo

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
228 reviews
3. Re: visit on Nov 26 & Thanskgiving day

You must have been surprised to see how Purdue has grown since 1994. Our daughter just graduated from there in May. I was amazed from the time she first visited as a senior in HS till then, how many new building and re-mods went in and there still building! I hope your son was impressed, its a fine school.

Reply to: visit on Nov 26 & Thanskgiving day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West Lafayette