We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving dinner

California
6 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving dinner

Would anybody know of any restaurants that are open for Thanksgiving, serving a traditional meal, or a place to order a ready made Thanksgiving meal to go? My son is attending college in Cedar Rapids and unfortunately is unable to come home so I'm interested in getting a meal for him and two other college students. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
6 replies to this topic
USA
Level Contributor
7,079 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

I'm not familiar with Cedar Rapids restaurants. Hy-Vee supermarkets do holiday meal catering. Check their website: http://www.hy-vee.com/

Mentioned in this post
California
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Thanks, I think I just might do that. I might order a good pie fresh from a local bakery if anyone has any recommendations.

Cedar Rapids
Level Contributor
2 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Cathy's Pies. Order early. A cedar Rapids tradition, forever...

Midwest
Level Contributor
65 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Ditto to using Hy-Vee grocery stores for a Thanksgiving meal and they also make pies in their bakeries. Kathy's pies are great as well. If they have a car, the Amana Colonies which are 20 miles south of Cedar Rapids, serve a delicious family style Thanksgiving meal. The Ox Yoke Inn and the Ronneburg are open and take reservations, I believe.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

Granite City has Thanksgiving dinners by reservation. Perkins is also open along with a couple of other local restaurants, Village Inn, etc. We did the Longbranch last year and were disappointed.

Longmont, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving dinner

I have a daughter that is also attending Coe and same thing. Let me know if you find something. Looks like Granite City is serving trad. TG dinner for $22.95

Reply to: Thanksgiving dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Rapids