We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontier Airlines

Iowa City, Iowa
1 post
2 reviews
Frontier Airlines

DON'T GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY! They do not honour their commitments.

So, my wife booked flights to Denver and Montana and back in May with Frontier Airlines. Based on the flights that they advertized as available we arranged vacation plans. We were to fly on Thursday, Sept 5th, and get to Denver in time to see the Broncos play, and get back home on Sunday, the 15th, in time for work on Monday. Well, today is Labor Day and about 2 p.m. this afternoon we get a call telling us that the flight from Denver to Montana has been cancelled. No good reason was given.

So Jen spent about FOUR HOURS on the phone with the airline and Orbitz (on Labour day) trying to figure something out. We are eventually payinga little more to fly from Cedar Rapids to Denver and back than we were paying for the whole trip - to Montana and back. And now we have to drive spend two days of our vacation driving to Livingston and back, and pay extra to rent a car. Now, I'm a low-key, small-town lawyer, but Isn't that a breach of a contract? Yep.

So #1 - don't EVER book a trip on Frontier Airlines, because you have no idea whether their are going to honour thier side of the bargain and actually deliver you where you are supposed to go, and

#2 - The bastards just bought themselves a lawsuit that is going to cost them more than if they had hired a private plane for us the whole way.

9 replies to this topic
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
353 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Frontier Airlines

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, this type of thing can happen. And I imagine all the "fine print" will protect them against your lawsuit.

Cedar Rapids
Level Contributor
2 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Frontier Airlines

Totally true. The WORST airline ever!!!!!

Indio, California
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
3. Re: Frontier Airlines

Well, I have flown Frontier airlines about 6 times in the past two years and have had fabulous service! In fact, I mistakenly booked my husband on the same flight twice and a Frontier Agent called me to check on this. When I advised her I had made a mistake, she said no problem, we will honor your first reservation and REFUND the second to your credit card! I have NEVER had this happen with an airline! If this has happened most airlines would usually just say you could use the funds on a future trip after, of course, they had gouged you for their "Change fee". I like that I can pick from 3 fares depending on what I want. I usually pick CLASSIC as it allows me to take a checked & Carry on bag (many airlines are now charging for this!) and to pick a Stretch or Exit row seat. It also allows me to board aircraft sooner so I always have room for my carryon. I love their seating and their employees. Sometimes airlines have changes that are related to flights in weather affected areas and we need to remember this. However, I reason should be given to cancelled passengers.

Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
534 reviews
4. Re: Frontier Airlines

Just flew Frontier. You buy a ticket and then they nickel and dime you for everything (carry-on, checked bag, seat selection, soft drinks) and force you to check a bag, because they charge more for a carry-on bag. If you want to sit with the person you are traveling with and select a seat you have to pay for each seats. I don't drink soda, but they were $1.99 each. Just give me one low price for everything and I'll be happy.

Kratie, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
5. Re: Frontier Airlines

We are very disappointed with this company, the worst Customer Service ever...

They charged more than what they had (in San José, Costa Rica) and when we told them that they did something wrong, they realized we were right but instead of correcting the mistake (giving us back the money we paid more), they said that we should complain in Denver, our destination. We arrived in Denver and nobody cared about us, actually they were incredibly unfriendly and rude to us, as if it was our fault!!!!!!

They said we had to complain by email, we did it and after 5 weeks we are still waiting for a bloody answer. And of course, we want our extra money we shouldn't have paid, back. This company just sucks.

Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
6. Re: Frontier Airlines

Terrible customer service! Transfer fees, checked bag fees, carry on bag fees...all overpriced! The desk agents (if you can find one...) can't help with anything and hold times are over 30 minutes. There is a reason that they have to offer teaser rates - no one wants to fly with them!!

2 posts
7. Re: Frontier Airlines

i hope you really win for all of us. as we dont need to be treated with such disregaurd if they were going to cancell this flight then they should have put you on a differnt flight from any other company, and they should have also paid the differnce. you should have been on time to your vacation and so id say they owe the entire vacation plus covering your time off from work and spose also stress and suffering. like i said i hope they are taught contracts need to be kept or pay the cost in its entirety.

2 posts
8. Re: Frontier Airlines

if there is a facebook page be sure to tell everyone there what happend. then make a copy and repost this every day it may take time but someone will contact you to pay you off so to speak. someone is usually paid to keep negitive off the pages so thats where i get most of my problems resolved. works alot of the time.

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
179 reviews
9. Re: Frontier Airlines

I'm sure Frontier isn't reading Trip Advisor. I heard they're pulling out of Cedar Rapids anyway.

Reply to: Frontier Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cedar Rapids