We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manhattan Lodging Needed

brooklyn
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manhattan Lodging Needed

Dear List Members,

Can anyone suggest a hotel to stay in Manhattan? I moved away from Manhattan in 2007 and I am not sure where to stay when I go back to visit.

bklynwildkat

Topeka, KS
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manhattan Lodging Needed

You can try this search tool on the state's official tourism website... www.travelks.com/s/index.cfm?advsearch=stay

Hope this helps!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manhattan Lodging Needed

Here are a list of hotels & comments on location:

-Holiday Inn (Campus): this hotel has the best location for walking to/from K-State campus & Aggiville. The hotel has been remodeled and the rooms are modern. Prices aren't too bad on non-K State game weekends...they raise the price up on those nights.

-Clarion Hotel: this hoel is on the west side of town, but not walking distrance from anything. Pro about this hotel is there is an indoor pool.

-Fairfield Inn & Hampton Inn: these are both located on the ease side of town by the Manhattan Mall. Fairfield Inn is right when you come into town off of Hwy 18.

kansas
Level Contributor
976 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manhattan Lodging Needed

Whatever you do don't stay at the motel 6! We stay there for games and I have never stayed at a hotel where they don't even provide shampoo. Small rooms, but clean-not worth the money which is why we drive back to Wichita if at all possible!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manhattan Lodging Needed

jarodmom, for a bargain near Manhattan, look at the Econo Lodge in Junction City. Not fancy, but clean, inexpensive and things like microwaves, refrigerators and shampoo:-)

kansas
Level Contributor
976 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manhattan Lodging Needed

Thanks for the tip--we stay at the motel 6 because we go with friends and like to go our either the night before the game or after if it is a late game so our rooms are already booked for the season. I will keep it in mind for next season though!

6. Re: Manhattan Lodging Needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Manhattan