We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To book or not to book?

Which Wichita hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
9 posts
Save Topic
To book or not to book?

We are going on a cruise March 18-21st & we have not bought our plane tickets b/c the price has been so expensive for the last 6months. They have fluctuated anywhere from $400-700 throughout the last few months. We cannot leave until the late afternoon early evening on the 17th & have to book an afternoon flight back home due to the cruise docking, etc....so my question is do you think I should book now or keep watching? I know this is a busy weekend due to spring break but I am assuming they will come down. I usually only book a ticket about a month out & have always had good luck with it (last July I booked 2 tickets from ICT to MIA 3 weeks out and got them for $220 p/p) but I am worried that they are going to continue rising. Bing.com predicted Friday that I should buy now, Sunday to wait, and today it is back to buy now? Any suggestions? I don't mind the waiting game b/c I have played it before but have never seen prices this high either!

Thanks!

kansas
Level Contributor
961 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To book or not to book?

We had the same dilemma a few years ago. I ended up having to go two days early and stay a day later to avoid high airfare. Don't know how flexible you can be with your time off. I just used priceline for the hotels so it ended up saving us about 500 total for 3 of us by time we bought food and hotel.

Airfare during spring break is really high out of Wichita. I don't know where you are wanting to leave from or the port you are going to, but you may want to try KC or OKC to see if you can get a decent price there.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,561 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To book or not to book?

You can't use your purchase in July as a data point. You are trying to fly at the very highest demand time. Not to mention that the number of people flying has gone up, but the airlines are keeping the supply of seats down.

3. Re: To book or not to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Wichita