We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations with a Pool

North Babylon, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations with a Pool

I know there aren't too many places that have a pool in the area but we are looking for a place that has one. I see Flagship Inn, Rocktide Inn, Beach Cove Hotel & Resort and Smuggler's Cove Inn. Can anyone suggest one of these or even somewhere else.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations with a Pool

Hi Yackswife,

I would suggest staying at the Rocktide Inn. It's just a short walk over the footbridge from town, has beautiful sunset views, a nice restaurant and is well run. The pool is inside which can be a real asset on foggy and rainy days!

Another place you might like is the Ocean Pt. Inn. They have a pool, tennis courts, a nice choice of accomodations, a wonderful restaurant and their location is excellent with beautiful views of open ocean, islands, lighthouses, etc. They are located about a 10 to 15 minute drive from town on Linekin Neck.

Good luck and don't forget to post back and let us know how your trip turned out :).

cozyharbor

Atlanta, Georgia
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations with a Pool

Let me suggest a place that people love or hate -- http://www.linekinbayresort.com/ for your consideration. This place does not bill itself as a world-class resort ala Hawaiian style.

Notice the photo of the saltwater pool on their home web page. It is critically important that you check the status of their redevelopment project as part of your research.

The times I stayed there, meals were family style, sailboats use included, and a couple of clay tennis courts to enjoy. There was a sailing instructor. Over a one-week period, standard activities such as a lobster bake on the rocks and a guest’s only sailboat race took full advantage of an excellent location on Linekin Bay.

offbeattravel.com wrote “… an unpretentious place in an unspoiled and secluded waterfront setting. While not for those seeking glitz or luxurious amenities …”

Accommodations included a large dining room, a lodge, an indoor recreation room, and cabins scattered in woods. I strongly urge you to read other people's comments about the accommodations before making a choice. There are critical comments.

Many guests come back annually, the same week. We now own a cottage on Lobster Cove and I pass this "resort" with its mostly delighted guests each time I set forth or return home from fishing or sailing. From the water, I see the staff prepare for the season and close up at season’s end. Seeing the place, its guests, and staff always brings back wonderful memories. IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. Do your research!

You can walk to town and there are enjoyable local walks too.

Atlanta, Georgia
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations with a Pool

In late April, after my March posting suggesting you consider Linekin Bay Resort, I learned the resort had applied to the US Army Corps of engineers to place a 1,870 foot pressurized sewer line on the seabed of Lobster Cove and in the public beach waters of Barrett's Park. There is an alternative route within street rights of way. Regrettably, I withdraw my earlier suggestion as I believe our environment is something entrusted to all of us to defend. Many travelers make similar environmentally sensitive decisions.

4. Re: Accommodations with a Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor