We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NJ to Boothbay Harbor Drive - Sites to see Question

New Jersey
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
NJ to Boothbay Harbor Drive - Sites to see Question

Hi everyone. Thanks to EVERYONE on this site, we have a great trip planned, two nights in Kennebunkport and then 3 in BoothBay Harbor. When we drive from NJ to Kennebunkport -- is there anything we should stop and see in the southern tip of Maine before we get to Kennebunkport??? We plan on leaving NJ very early so we will have time to make a few stops. Thanks! Susan

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NJ to Boothbay Harbor Drive - Sites to see Question

Hi tuser,

You might want to take the first exit off the Maine Pike and drive the shore roads north to Kennebunkport ie route 1 and 1A.

This will take you through York, York Harbor, York Beach. You'll be able to check out the Nubble Lighthouse, do the Cliff Walk and peek at the beaches.

North of the York area is Cape Neddick and on through to Ogunquit. Very pretty and scenic.

Make sure you have good maps as it can get confusing and difficult at times trying to find the Cliff Walk and the Nubble Lighthouse, etc.

Have a wonderful trip and a great time!

cozyharbor

New Jersey
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NJ to Boothbay Harbor Drive - Sites to see Question

Hi Cozyharbor, You have given me a lot of good advice regarding boothbay harbor which I have printed out and have ready to go! We love cliff walk in newport, rhode island so I am sure I would like the cliff walk you mention. How can I mapquest it, would you know? Susan

New Jersey
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NJ to Boothbay Harbor Drive - Sites to see Question

Hi Cozyharbor. is the cliff walk in Ogunquit? I am trying to do research on how to get there. We leave in one week so I am getting all my mapquests together, etc. thanks for all your help and recommendations.

Maine
Level Contributor
857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NJ to Boothbay Harbor Drive - Sites to see Question

Hi tuser,

There are 2 'cliff walks'. One is in York right off a small beach with parking. The other is the Marginal Way in Ogunquit. Both have beautiful views of the open ocean to the east and pretty summer homes to the west. Both are about a mile each way, though I think the Cliff Walk in York is a bit shorter.

To gather info about both, google their respective Chamber's of Commerce. In Maine, the Chamber's are often the main source of visitor/tourist info and will provide all kinds of great info regarding sightseeing, accomodations, maps, where to eat and shop, etc. And for free!

Good luck with your trip and have a wonderful time :).

cozyharbor

P.S. Don't forget to post back about your trip!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
167 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NJ to Boothbay Harbor Drive - Sites to see Question

Hi Cozyharbor. Funny I did just that. I called the chamber of commerce in ogunquit and found out about marginal way and then looked it up in my Maine book by Chrintina Tree and then mapquested it. I am all set for the 1.5 mile walk on Marginal Way and am very excited, I think it will be similar to the cliff walk in Newport, Rhode Island. I will post all about my trip when we get back. Thanks again for yours and everyones help.

Susan

6. Re: NJ to Boothbay Harbor Drive - Sites to see Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 13:21
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor