We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heads-up: Southbound Rest Area

Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Topic
heads-up: Southbound Rest Area

Guess this is a more 'Heads Up' than question for all those south-bounders looking to pick up live lobsters before leaving the beautiful State of Maine.....

Get off at Biddeford (exit before the Kennebunk exit/Rest Stop) and hit up the Market Basket they're $4.00/lbs vs. the 1 1/4 pounder at the Rest Stop for $15 each!!!!!

Market Basket is off the interstate, take a right on 111 and its on the left. Not even a mile from the toll plaza.

Again, just a heads up......

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Kennebunk
Kennebunk
Kennebunks, ME
2 replies to this topic
Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heads-up: Southbound Rest Area

Were your lobsters from Maine? I only ask because the last two times I bought lobsters at a supermarket, they were actually from Canada. I now know to ask because it matters to me. This is not meant to discourage people from stopping off at Market Basket - we love that store!

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heads-up: Southbound Rest Area

Great observation, CB. Give me a fresh Maine lobster over one that's been "trucked in" every time..! Am not surprised that Rest Area price was higher, but sometimes you get what you pay for...

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Reply to: heads-up: Southbound Rest Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kennebunk