We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heads-up: Southbound Rest Area

Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Topic
heads-up: Southbound Rest Area

Guess this is a more 'Heads Up' than question for all those south-bounders looking to pick up live lobsters before leaving the beautiful State of Maine.....

Get off at Biddeford (exit before the Kennebunk exit/Rest Stop) and hit up the Market Basket they're $4.00/lbs vs. the 1 1/4 pounder at the Rest Stop for $15 each!!!!!

Market Basket is off the interstate, take a right on 111 and its on the left. Not even a mile from the toll plaza.

Again, just a heads up......

2 replies to this topic
Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,913 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heads-up: Southbound Rest Area

Were your lobsters from Maine? I only ask because the last two times I bought lobsters at a supermarket, they were actually from Canada. I now know to ask because it matters to me. This is not meant to discourage people from stopping off at Market Basket - we love that store!

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heads-up: Southbound Rest Area

Great observation, CB. Give me a fresh Maine lobster over one that's been "trucked in" every time..! Am not surprised that Rest Area price was higher, but sometimes you get what you pay for...

Reply to: heads-up: Southbound Rest Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kennebunk