We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking ticket issued after issuing store closed.

Montréal
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parking ticket issued after issuing store closed.

My dislike: The way the management at Goose Rocks General Store and Kennebunkport police department behaved.

On Sept. 7 the Goose Rocks Beach General Store was closed for the winter season.

There was no note as to where we should get the parking stickers. We simply deducted (would you not have thought likewise?) that the parking was free a half day early. How could we have known that the day passes were issued at the police station 4.5 miles away? Was this a test to see who had gotten hold of the GRB pamphlet, or a lesson for the odd tourists at Goose Rocks Beach? Are we to understand that when we want to go to Goose Rocks Beach we should systematically go to the police station on route 9 in case the GRB General Store is closed? For campers at Salty Acres, it is quite a detour.

Sylvie Potvin, Montréal

2 replies to this topic
Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking ticket issued after issuing store closed.

I found this by Googling:

…vt-s.net/discover-kport/…anchor_gparking

You mention bad behavior by the store and police, but don't say what it was, unless it was not telling you where to get the pass. I don't see that as the store's obligation. I would think that Salty Acres would provide information on where/how to get a pass.

Edited: 11 September 2015, 09:23
Montréal
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking ticket issued after issuing store closed.

I now understand that the store has no obligation to give any information. Because it is the place where most motorists get their day pass (and I thought it was the only place, as did the few motorists I spoke to on that afternoon) the store management could, out of politeness to the clients who are bringing so much business, have indicated that it was still necessary to get a parking permit until the end of the afternoon. It would have taken these people two minutes to write a note in their window and would have spared the tourists in Goose Rocks Beach a few hundred dollars in parking tickets. After all, it was the last day for the police department to make any money with these parking tickets. Could I go as far as thinking the note was omitted and the police were zealous?

Reply to: Parking ticket issued after issuing store closed.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kennebunk