We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalohead Cove Inn, Kennebunk ME

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Buffalohead Cove Inn, Kennebunk ME

Has anyone stayed at Buffalohead Cove recently. Trip Advisor gives it a rating of #2 of B&B's; however, I don't see the inn making the "best of" list anywhere else? Any advice would be appreciated. We've made reservations to celebrate a milestone birthday.

Please respond asap.

Shapsu

5 replies to this topic
York
Level Contributor
545 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffalohead Cove Inn, Kennebunk ME

Kennebunk is NOT Kennebunkport. Kennebunk is inland , the less attractive sister . The more popular accommodations are in Kennebunkport. White Barn Inn , Nonantum , General Fairfield Inn .

Southern Maine
Level Contributor
648 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffalohead Cove Inn, Kennebunk ME

I think you're looking for Bufflehead Cove Inn in the lower village of Kennebunk.

Many people think the Kennebunk Beach/Lower Village area is part of Kennebunkport, which is on the other side of the river. The three beaches in this area draw a lot of visitors, but the area is largely residential, except for the area around Cooper's Corner at the end of Route 35. Bufflehead Cove is about a quarter mile from Kennebunkport, on Route 35.

The White Barn Inn, the Grand Hotel and the King's Port Inn are all in Kennebunk. Also check the English Meadows Inn - all in the same general area and easy walking distance to KPort.

Edited: 13 April 2016, 01:09
Bass Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffalohead Cove Inn, Kennebunk ME

I have stayed at Bufflehead Cove and can say it is definitely amazing. It is secluded, bordering a tidal river with no direct neighbors, yet still walking distance to Kennebunkport. The innkeepers are very friendly and the place is immaculate. Highly recommended.

Kennebunk, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffalohead Cove Inn, Kennebunk ME

This review is ill-informed and biased. Many of the preferred hotels are actually in the Lower Village of Kennebunk, which has miles of beachfront, and waterfront on the Kennebunk river, including the Buffelhead Cove Inn.

For some reason, many people think incorrectly, that the Lower Village of Kennebunk is in Kennebunkport.

They actually share the river and the Port!

Kennebunk, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffalohead Cove Inn, Kennebunk ME

Actually, TripAdvisor gives it #1 of 14 Inns in Kennebunk.

Reply to: Buffalohead Cove Inn, Kennebunk ME
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kennebunk