We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Silver Beach

Boston...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Silver Beach

We are looking to potentially rent a house in Falmouth that claims to be a short walk to the private New Silver Beach. I was hoping someone is familiar with this beach, and could tell me if it was a nice beach for families?

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,361 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Silver Beach

BostonMom, if you don't get any responses here you might try to contact Mainstreet man (see his name over on the right under Destination Experts?). Just click on his name and leave him a personal message. If he sees it he is the most probably the best one to help. He lives year round in the area near Old Silver Beach.

Also you can troll back through the threads and try to also contact HighSeaHarry who is knowledgable about Falmouth.

But what does your realtor say about the house? That is the sort of objective input that they should be giving you.

Mentioned in this post
Old Silver Beach
Old Silver Beach
295 Reviews
Falmouth, MA
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Silver Beach

theres a lot of realtors that could help you, we've used Dennis at Donahue Realty he focusing on falmouth. here's his website http://www.falmouthhomes.com

Edited: 30 January 2012, 01:42
Mentioned in this post
Dennis
Dennis
Cape Cod, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,361 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Silver Beach

I've talked with him too Birder. That's a good recommendation that you've offered the OP.

Mashpee...
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Silver Beach

It is a good beach for families. I

t is not a public beach. It is owned by the New Silver Beach Improvement Association.

It is in a small bay, so the water gets very warm late in the summer.

St. Petersburg...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: New Silver Beach

New Silver Beach has always been a good beach for families. I started going there in the early 50s. It is a private beach and there are lifeguards on the beach during the summer season and movies on the tennis courts for kids on Sunday nights. The "Tea Room" has sandwiches, ice cream and electronic games. I've always loved it and started going back for a week in 2010. This year I'll stay for 2 weeks. I can't think of a reason you would not love it except that it is a bit off the beaten path although there is the Wild Harbor Market which has been there for many years and where you can pick up groceries. You want something bigger, you need to drive a bit.

Falmouth...
Level Contributor
687 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Silver Beach

If there's a beach within walking distance of where you are staying you've got it made. Paid parking at public beaches is getting more and more expensive; lines to wait for parking are getting longer and it can make a nice trip lousy. New Silver is a nice beach, if you can walk there, take it.

7. Re: New Silver Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 17:18