We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orleans with...

Vernon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Orleans with...

After extensive research, we are thinking of staying at the Seashore Park Inn in Orleans. We would like to be in an area where our boys (15&13) will be able to do a limited bit of "exploring" on their own. Is this an area where we can feel comfortable and safe?

Mentioned in this post
Seashore Park Inn
Seashore Park Inn
200 Reviews
Orleans, MA
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,353 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orleans with...

Short answer : yes. We let our teens explore with all the usual cautions. The Cape as a whole is a pretty safe place. Have fun!

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orleans with...

Hmmmm, safe is a relative term. What kind of dangers are you thinking of? Certainly they can safely wander the grounds, pool area etc. But be aware that the location on a busy Rt 6 road is not one that should be crossed or walked on. If you are looking for a place with sidewalks, for example, this is not the place. Have you looked at the Cove in Orleans? Your kids could easily walk to get ice cream, souvenirs, or the waters edge at Town Cove from this location.

In general, compared to most urban areas, the outer cape is "safe" for us all.

Mentioned in this post
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Vernon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Orleans with...

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the Cove doesn't offer the indoor pool/game room that my family insists we need! The seashore park inn's web site states that mini golf, ice cream, etc. are in walking distance so its good to know that they are really on a busy road.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orleans with...

OOppps, my mistake...I was thinking of the Ocean Park Inn in Eastham. So sorry. The area you are looking at is great for your family. It is off the main road with minigolf, bike trail, ice cream etc. Go for it!

Mentioned in this post
Eastham
Eastham
Cape Cod, MA
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orleans with...

You beat me to it Yellowbird, I was just about to write and question what you said. I stopped and looked at a map of Orleans first because you didn't seem to be writing about the same place. Good icecream by the way in what used to be a Friendly's. I think the same family now owns Tradewinds, the icecream place and the mini golf. You can also rent bikes there and the bike trail is quite close.

Very good fudge and Salt Water Taffy in Tradewinds plus all sorts of good "junk" to spend your pocket money on!!!

Edited: 13 June 2012, 02:25
Mentioned in this post
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orleans with...

That's what I get for trying to do 5 things at once....I totally missed the Orleans reference and hastily posted about the wrong place. Back to my garden!

Mentioned in this post
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Vernon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orleans with...

Thanks guys! I realized I posted in the Falmouth forum just to add to the confusion! I am feeling better about our decision, though.

Mentioned in this post
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cape Cod, MA
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orleans with...

I think that you will like Orleans. Has a proper town centre not far from where you will be staying. Two beautiful beaches, Nauset on the ocean and Skaket on the Bay. Close access to the road taking you in both directions, up to Provincetown with all the beautiful National Seashore beaches in between. Or in the other direction for trips to Chatham, Hyannis for the islands, 6A through Brewster for interesting old homes, antique and other shopping etc.

Mentioned in this post
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA
Brewster
Brewster
Cape Cod, MA
9. Re: Orleans with...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth