We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach

Boston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach

Which beach is better?

I am not familiar with Wingaersheek Beach - is the sand nice? What are options to grab a quick sandwich & bring to the beach? Parking, WC?

Have been to Good Harbor and love it - just want to see what folks think of Wingaersheek Beach.

TIA

6 replies to this topic
Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
367 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach

Try Duxbury beach it has everything you need.

Boston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach

Tks - but we are heading north of the city.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach

Wingaersheek is a big beautiful beach with nice sand. I have no idea where you can park, unfortunately. I have always stayed with family.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
6,010 posts
183 reviews
4. Re: Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach

I love Wingaersheek. It's a great beach for walking and the water is a little warmer and calmer than other beaches north of Boston. There is a large parking lot, but I think it can fill up on the weekend. The beach has a snack bar and restrooms.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,226 posts
217 reviews
5. Re: Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach

I love Wingaersheek. It is very family friendy. At low tide the water goes waaayyy out and there are tide pools with sand dollars, little crabs, etc. The snack bar is good, with some healthy options as well as hot dogs, chicken fingers etc. and there are bathrooms.

Parking can be a problem on summer weekends. There is a lot by the beach and an overflow lot nearby. On weekends when it fills up, they can close the beach to non-residents so best to have a Plan B.

Hudson River...
3 posts
6. Re: Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach

It's a lovely beach. Very soft light sand and calm waters. Wingaersheek is very calm and you can walk out quite a distance. There are also large rocks to climb on/explore. My kids (7 & 11) do prefer the waves at Good Harbor, but we went to Wingaersheek a lot when they were younger.

Reply to: Wingaersheek or Good Harbor Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester