We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Providence to bentley college (waltham)

DC
1 post
Save Topic
Providence to bentley college (waltham)

Any suggestions on getting from providence to bentley college without a car? I am hoping to find something along the lines of a train or bus to Boston, rail to waltham, then bus or cab to bentley.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Providence to bentley college (waltham)

you could take the commuter rail to University ave and then hop in a cab. You are looking at a 30 minute ride tops and about $60.00 for this portion.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
705 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Providence to bentley college (waltham)

From Providence, you can take the Peter Pan bus, MBTA commuter rail, or Amtrak into Boston. They all terminate at South Station, so just check the schedules to see which would be most convenient for your exact travel times (though Amtrak is more expensive.)

Once at South Station, you can transfer to the red line subway inbound and then do either of the following, again based on the schedules for your exact times:

- Exit at Porter Square and take the commuter rail (Fitchburg line) to Waltham station, then a short taxi ride (I'm guessing $10) to campus

- Exit at Harvard Square, transfer to the 73-Waverly bus, and take it to the end of the line, again getting a taxi (roughly the same fare/distance) to campus

The 73 runs very frequently, so that may be your better bet. Bentley also runs a shuttle bus to/from Harvard Square, so you could ask about that.

Edited: 01 March 2010, 10:07
Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Porter Square
Porter Square
54 Reviews
Cambridge, MA
Waltham
Waltham
Massachusetts
Harvard Square
Harvard Square
1,202 Reviews
Cambridge, MA
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Providence to bentley college (waltham)

It looks like Bentley runs a shuttle from Harvard Square, but their website is a bit vague.

http://about.bentley.edu/directions << look at the bottom of the first page

I would call them ... if they do indeed run a shuttle, then you can take the train from Providence to South Station. At South Station, get on the subway's red line and take it to Harvard Square and meet the Bentley Shuttle.

I have to say as a Bentley grad with a degree and a career in information systems, I'm very disappointed in that website. It LOOKS great but is sadly lacking. When I click on "directions via public transportation' it tells me to call the MBTA or go to their website. I cannot find an address anywhere on the Bentley website to key into the MBTA website and the MBTA does not recognize "Bentley College" or "Bentley University". I know that Beaver Street and Forest St "corner" the campus ... but I it gives you 30 minute walk after getting off the bus ... I don't knwo if a ""real address" would get you closer or not.

Mentioned in this post
Harvard Square
Harvard Square
1,202 Reviews
Cambridge, MA
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,493 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Providence to bentley college (waltham)

Daughter currently attends Bentley and loves it. Here's the link to the shuttle information: bentley.edu/student-activities/shuttle-servi…

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Providence to bentley college (waltham)

Great info Mahj, but it looks like you need a Bentley ID to ride the shuttle. I'd call the admissions office .... perhaps they can help you be 'eligible' to use it for one day.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,493 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Providence to bentley college (waltham)

Oops! Thanks forgot.. for pointing that out and I agree the website certainly needs some tweaking!

7. Re: Providence to bentley college (waltham)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Waltham