We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

NYC
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

We are about to begin the college search and plan to visit Brandeis Univ. Can anyone recommend some hotels or motels pretty close to the campus. Thank You

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

The Doubletree Guest Suites and Courtyard by Marriott are two hotels in Waltham that I would highly recommend. If I remember right, almost all of the hotels in Waltham are along (or near) I-95 on both sides of the highway. While the Westin may have an impressive facade, the inside of the hotel is nothing special. One hotel that I suggest that you not stay at is the Best Western. The hotel could use some TLC and some remodeling. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Mentioned in this post
Waltham
Waltham
Massachusetts
NYC
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Are the 2 hotels you recommended close to the Brandeis campus - (approx. 5 miles away or closer)?

Boston
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

The Marriott in Newton is actually closer to the Brandeis campus.

marriott.com/property/propertypage/BOSNT

Mentioned in this post
Newton
Newton
Massachusetts
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

The Courtyard by Marriott is 4 miles from the university. I am not sure how far the Doubletree Guest Suites is, but it is on the same street as the Courtyard by Marriott (a bit closer to the university).

New York
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

Our daughter graduated from Brandeis in '04(and then did her grad work at Harvard)...another daughter is up at Tufts...we usually stay in the Waltham area as opposed to downtown Boston/Cambridge based on price and parking alone. Our favorite stay has been at the Courtyard in Waltham. It's clean, help is always excellent, and location is great. Very convenient to Brandeis. We've also stayed at the Westin, and didn't love it. On one visit a couple of years ago, I booked through hotwire for a visit, and we wound up at the Summerfield Suites, which was also fine, and in the same general vicinity (just a little more set back locationwise). Our first visits we stayed at the Marriott in Newton...it was a full service hotel...more than we needed for our visit, and more pricey. We prefer going out to dine (as there is so much to do in the Boston area!). BTW, a really good restaurant right near the Courtyard is the Naked Fish. (and if you enjoy really bad-for-you boneless buffalo wings, go to 99)...I get my fix of that very unhealthy delight when I'm up there.

Good luck with your college search...my daughter had a great experience at brandeis!

Mentioned in this post
Waltham
Waltham
Massachusetts
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Newton
Newton
Massachusetts
NYC
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Really appreciate it.

ca
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

You may also consider renting a home short term. I have a listing for a waltham home 3BR/1.5 BA for rent on Brandeis's housing page. If you contact me, I can send you photos and addl details. ayse_c@yahoo.com

8. Re: Need Suggestions for Hotels/Motels near Brandeis Univ.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Waltham