We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Synder's Shoreline Inn or Ludington Pier House

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Synder's Shoreline Inn or Ludington Pier House

Need recommendation. Traveling with my grandchildren ages 11 & 12 on the Badger staying for one night at Holiday Inn and looking to stay closer to town the second night before taking the morning trip back. Will not have a car. Which downtown location would be best? Thanks.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Synder's Shoreline Inn or Ludington Pier House

I cannot help with lodging questions but Ludington does have a dial a ride servive with no reservations needed. And with that, many tourist sites are possible. If you would like more info on this service please let me know. I believe certain hotels offer service to/from the Badger as well. Enjoy your stay.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Synder's Shoreline Inn or Ludington Pier House

Thank you. Yes any information on Dial-a-ride would be helpful such as cost and routes.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Synder's Shoreline Inn or Ludington Pier House

Ludington dial a ride services the entire township but unsure if any further. You can call the office at (231) 845-1231 or dispatch at (231) 845-6218 . Hours are M-F 6am-7pm. Saturday 8-4pm and Sunday 8-2pm. Must call 30 minutes before end of day service. They have no web site so i can assume cash only. I would suggest calling during office hours for fare info. They have no fixed routes. They pick you up directly. I do not know the fare costs.

Visit www.visitludington.com for great travel info. White pine village could really be worthwhile. An art center and lots of shopping downtown (also a childrens museum) and one lighthouse within easy walking. You can also rent bikes. Ludington State park has a beautiful dam and hiking trails leading to the beach and lighthouse. You can tour both light houses. Seems they have an Elk farm where you can get a wagon ride and elk burger too but I have to find it again. I will also get a cab company number in case you should need one after hours or to take to Silver Lake dunes for dune rides.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Synder's Shoreline Inn or Ludington Pier House

www.amberelkranch.com is a great spot an hour wagon ride, petting zoo and gift shop. Take note, my understanding is food/drinks are only had at Saturday evening BBQs.

Cab companies are Ludington taxi at (231) 845-9693 and Town & Country at (231) 425-3134

5. Re: Synder's Shoreline Inn or Ludington Pier House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2016, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Ludington